Attract Black Ants and Destroy the Colony
Ant killer - Ant Gel Bait - Killer Bait for Ants - Nippon Ant Killer Liquid
Why Use Gel Bait to Get Rid of Black Ants?
Ant nests are built under the ground or in wall cavities. All residual insecticides depend on workers to come into contact with the active substance and this has only a limited impact on the nest including the larvae and the queen.
Ant gel bait is formulated as a food that doesn't kill the workers immediately. Therefore the workers are used to carry the bait into the nest to destroy more ants or the entire colony. The treatment is much slower than with spray or powder insecticides (which kill instantly) and it may take 1 to 3 weeks for remaining ants to completely disappear but by then you may have destroyed the entire ant colony. Another advantage of using bait is that only a few drops of the insecticide placed at strategic locations, along the ant trails or near the holes from which the ants are emerging.
For these reasons ant gel bait should be the preferred solution if you are ready to wait some extra days for results to show. It is the cheapest way to resolve your ant problem but you should be aware that no manufacturer of amateur or professional ant bait has found a formula that will be consumed by all ant colonies, and therefore a particular ant colony may not consume the bait. If you see that the ants are still not taking the bait after a few days you should use ant sprays or ant powder instead.
Nippon Ant Killer Liquid - Instructions
Nippon is one of the best ant killer product registered in Ireland. It is formulated with a sugary bait specially formulated to attract black ants. Worker ants bring the sweet bait back to the nest for feeding the entire colony. It is especially useful when the ant nest location is inaccessible or unknown. It is better to use it as soon as the ant activity is noticed, usually in early spring.
- Try removing all other sources of food first.
- Simply apply a few drops of the gel (preferably in late evening) into the bait stations provided or to a non-porous surface near to the ant run.
- Don't disturb feeding ants as it is necessary that they take the bait back to the nest.
- Results will normally show within 7-10 days, depending on the frequency of feeding and the size of the colony.
- Always read the label - use pesticides safely.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
- Prevent access to bait by children and animals.
- Keep in a safe place. Hazardous to bees. Do not use where food, feed or water could become contaminated.
- After treatment remove all remains of bait and bait containers.
- Do not contaminate surface water or drains with chemicals or used container.
- Eye contact: Possible irritation. Rinse with water thoroughly. If irritation persists seek medical advice.
Ingestion: Low toxicity. Wash out mouth with soap and water and seek medical advice.
- Read the label for further instructions.
Bait Feeding Stations
Our small, discreet feeding station is designed to hold securely the ant gel. Ants can access it from all sides and it provides a clean solution to baiting. Ideal for use in cabinets and under kitchen units. The stations come in packs of 5 and have a removable lid for easy application of the gel. There is a sticky pad under the base to secure them to most surfaces.
Nippon Ant Killer Liquid 25g. + 5 Feeding Stations €6.12+VAT per pack.
Please note: We deliver to Ireland and Northern Ireland only. (*) Please check our Terms & Conditions Here before purchasing.