Buy The Ratflap - Drain Non-return Valve for Rats
- Ratflap - Rat Valve - Rat Blocker - Rat Stopper - Rat Flap -
If you hear rats in the walls, ceilings, or attic of your home, they most likely come from the sewer underneath the house. The best way to control rats on the long term is to fit a Ratflap Sewer non-return valve to your drains pipes.
- WHAT IS THE RATFLAP?
- BENEFITS OF THE RATFLAP
- WHERE TO FIT A RATFLAP?
- HOW TO FIT A RATFLAP?
- BUY A RATFLAP - WHAT SIZE DO I NEED?
What is the Ratflap?
The Ratflap is an ideal solution against rats entering properties via the drain system. The non-return valve is simply pushed into the pipework and does not require any specialist expertise or fitting equipment.
Once fitted, the chemical resistant stainless steel valve let rats leave your property but they cannot get access back.
The Ratflap has been invented and patented by an Irish pest controller, and is now sold worldwide. Ratflaps are manufactured from high quality acid resistant 304 grade stainless steel. The smooth design provides no resistance to the flow of waste. It is the only rat blocker system that allows 98.5% of the volume of the pipe to be utilised for waste flow .
Benefits of the Ratflap
The Ratflap provides these unique advantages:
- An immediate solution to rat infestations under floor boards, in walls or attic, as rats do return to the sewer for getting food (usually every day).
- Eliminating the expenses or delays of investigative work, e.g.: drain CCTV surveys, lifting floor boards, removing plasterboards, etc.
- Prevent the dilemma of killing rats by poisoning, which can leave dead bodies in the building structure and terrible smells that go on for weeks.
WHERE to Fit a Ratflap?
If you have several toilets in your house you may have a few drain pipes converging onto a main one. If possible, locate the LAST manhole / inspection chamber on the sewer that services your property. This way you will only need one Ratflap only instead of one in each manhole.
These are the main scenarios:
- Detached house: Usually only one Ratflap needs to be installed:
- Semi-detached houses: Two Ratflaps are usually needed (one for each half of the building):
- Terraced houses: Each house of the block usually need one Ratflap:
- Apartment block: As many drain pipes come out of the building (sometimes over a hundred), the most cost effective way is to use tracing dye and drow a map of the waste water flow. As little as one 9" Ratflap may be sufficient if the main manhole (at the start of the line) can be identified.
The hinge of the flap can be removed in order to turn the flap the other way (180º) if necessary for the water flow.
Note: Standard Ratflaps are no longer provided with a wire as it is not needed in manholes that can be reached at arm-lenght.
HOW to Fit a Ratflap?
|manufacturer installation guide Here:|
Please note: Thanks to a recent improvement in design the wire is no longer needed for standard Ratflaps and manufacturer do not include it anymore. Wire is only included and needed for the Ratflaps with a welded nut (for installation with an extension pole) Please contact us for more details.
If you would like your Ratflap(s) to be professionally installed for you, contact us on 014523680.
Buy a Ratflap - What size do I need?
The Ratflaps come in 3 sizes for the common diameter drains: 4 inches (102mm), 6 inches (152mm) and 9 inches (229mm). You will need to measure the diameter of your own drain. Some old clay pipes are 5 inches (127mm) in diameter.
Fast next day* delivery anywhere in Ireland and Northern Ireland for €4.50 +VAT.
4" Ratflap €144.00 (VAT23% extra)
5" Ratflap €345.00 (VAT23% extra) - non standard item
6" Ratflap €184.00 (VAT23% extra)
9" Ratflap €345.00 (VAT23% extra) - non standard item
To minimise administration costs we operate a C.O.D. system - all payments are due on collection or prior to dispatch of any Pest Control Products. We deliver Ratflaps to Ireland, Northern Ireland and UK only.
Due to the unhealthy nature of any sewer, the Ratflap cannot be returned to us after it has been installed.
Before attempting to install the unit be sure you have ordered the correct size for your pipe system. You can only return for a full refund or size exchange if the Ratflap has not been inserted into a sewer.
(*) Please check our Terms & Conditions Here before purchasing from us.