Health & Safety Award
We developed and maintain a Safety, Health and Welfare Policy that incorporates specific arrangements and safety statements. These are necessary for our business undertakings. Our Health and Safety Management system is independently audited every year.
In recognition of our commitment to Workplace Health, Safety & Welfare and for our efforts to promote an active Health & Safety culture amongst employees, Owl Pest Control received the “Gold Award for Excellence” by the Peninsula Group, an international Award-winning HR and health & safety support consultancy for businesses.
After audit on Health & Safety, Procedures, Insurance and Qualifications, Owl received an accreditation to become an authorised contractor for Bilfinger Ireland!
Owl Pest Control received the “SafeContractor” accreditation by the Alcumus Group following audit Health & Safety procedures on our sites and customer sites.
How the SafeContractor scheme benefit clients?
As the leading health and safety assessment scheme, SafeContractor has over 300 major clients and nearly 27,000 contractor members. Many large organisations use SafeContractor to reduce risk and to maintain their existing contractor and service provider base, whilst also getting access to a selection of new, pre-approved contractors.
- Reduced risk in organisations, ensuring that contractors have suitable and sufficient health and safety processes.
- Cost-effectively managing contractor lists, relieving of the costly administrative burden of doing this internally.
- Offering a flexible service, tailor-made to meet business requirements, including over 400 different contractor work activities.
- Meeting the legal health and safety requirements and providing the supporting evidence.
- Providing visibility of current contractors via the online client portal, which also recommends new, approved contractors.
Food retail giant, Weetabix, are just one organisation who chose SafeContractor to improve their contractor management.
Watch the Weetabix video below
Employer of Excellence Accreditation
Our Organisation gained the “Employer of Excellence” Accredited Standard by working with the employment law group Peninsula, Ireland’s leading employment and HR law consultancy, who helped us to put in place the framework ensuring best practice and excellence are achieved during the human resource management process.
We applied for the accreditation after fully implementing the Peninsula systems and procedures, once they formed an integral part of our management processes. This accreditation provides a highly visible sign of the standards of excellence that we achieved and maintain.
The outcomes of this accreditation include:
- Positive company culture and high staff morale
- Improved effectiveness in staff retention and recruitment
- Public perception as a quality organisation within our industry & community
- Distinguishes us from our competitors as an “Employer of Choice”
- Shows our staff that we are a best-practice Company with competent management
Contact us for more information about our quality and Pest Control standards.