1) Upcoming events:
14/03/2018 PPC Live 2018:
PPC Live is the sister show to PestEx, and is BPCA's exhibition and conference designed for UK pest control technicians, managers and company owners. This event will be held on Wednesday 14 March 2018 at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern, Worcestershire.
PPC Live is one of the UK's most popular one-day pest control events. With free visitor entry and a seminar and practical programme that is unrivaled by any other event in the UK. PPC Live brings the whole sector under one roof to share and learn from each other to make a stronger, safer pest control industry.
For more details and to register visit: https://bpca.org.uk/Upcoming-Events/ppc-live-2018/4335?OccId=6555
18/04/2018: NPTA On The Road in Northern Ireland – Belfast. Belfast. April 18:
NPTA On The Road Days are organised as an opportunity for you to keep up to date with the latest legislation changes, product innovations, best practice and to encourage networking with those involved in the pest control industry. Aimed at business owners, manager and technicians, our On The Road Days are open to all. An ideal opportunity to gain vital CPD points, update your training and enjoy a satisfying two course hot lunch – and for Members, the events are FREE to attend.Non members are very welcome to attend at a small charge of £25 + VAT.
Book your place now: http://npta.org.uk/training-and-events/npta-on-the-road-in-northern-ireland-belfast/
19/04/2018: NPTA On The Road training day. Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise, Co. Laois. Thursday 19th April 2018, 08:30-15:30.
20/04/2018: IPCA AGM in Portloaise (EXACT DATE & AGENDA TO BE CONFIRMED SOON):
For more details please visit: http://www.ipca.ie
25/04/2018: BPCA Regional Forum - Ashbourne, Co. Meath:
The Fourth stop on the BPCA Regional Forum 2018 road trip will be Ireland, on Wednesday 25 April and is kindly sponsored by Pelsis. BPCA organise events around the country to bring together everyone with an interest in professional pest control, including technicians, business owners, manufacturers and distributors and industry experts.
Venue: Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, The Rath, Ashbourne, Co. Meath, Ireland
Stay in the loop with the latest news, products and industry changes, Hear talks from expert speakers, Network with like-minded professionals, Get those all-important CPD points, Breakfast included – bacon rolls and refreshments are available for all attendees.
These events are a fantastic opportunity to network with like-minded professionals in your area, as well as to learn something new about your trade from some of the most interesting speakers in the sector.
There’s always a few members of the BPCA staff team on hand to answer any questions you have about membership, training, events, technical queries or BPCA in general.
Full agenda coming soon – Register now to receive updates: https://bpca.org.uk/regional-forum-register
07/05/2018: BPCA Level 2 Award Pest Management Training +Exam. Ashbourne.
Starting Monday 7th May 2018 until the 14th May, at the Pillo Hotel in Ashbourne. Event capacity is strictly limited.
For more details or to book a place visit: https://www.pestni.com/booking
05/12/2018: BPCA Regional Forum - Northern Ireland
Full agenda and exact location (Probably Belfast) coming soon – Register now to receive updates: https://bpca.org.uk/regional-forum-register
2) NPTA-Ireland News:
- From 1st April 2018, it will be mandatory to hold a valid PMU number to renew your NPTA-Ireland subscription (Eire only).
3) Getting your licence (PMU number) - New staff
- The DAFM is currently working on training rules so trainees can receive a temporary licence (PMU number) for a grace period to allow for training and completion of qualification. Details will be circulated shortly.
- Until July 2018, pest controllers can apply for a full PMU number providing they have completed the CRRU Wildlife aware course AND the RSPH/BPCA Level 2 Award in Pest Management (or IPCA diploma). Level 2 Award in Pest Management is now provided in the Republic by PestNI Training. To enquire or book a place visit https://www.pestni.com/
- After July (or before), PestNI training will also offer the new Ofqual Level 3 Lantra course required by the DAFM for anyone registering as a PMU after 1st July 2018.
- NPTA-Ireland is currently negotiating group bookings arrangements and discounts for NPTA members.
4) CPD (Continuous Professional Development) training:
As you know, PMU-registered staff must also be part of a CPD/CPE scheme in order to keep their licence. There are currently two schemes accepted in Ireland: The IASIS scheme and the BASIS PROMPT scheme.
A number of events can give you points for BASIS PROMPT including NPTA and BPCA regional forums (see 2018 dates above), in-house training, magazines, etc. For more details about the scheme and to register you can visit: https://www.owlpestcontrol.ie/blog-news/itemlist/tag/CPD%20scheme
If you would like to participate in classroom CPD training, you can check the attached brochure (Expanded course details_Feb2018) or contact Vero Agri-Pest Services
for upcoming courses: http://www.veropest.com/education.html