Is this course for you?
Are you looking for progressing in your pest control career? If you have a few years experience and also obtained one of the qualifications below, this course is for you:
- Lantra “Level 3 Award in Pest Management Services – Trained Professional User”
- IPCA Diploma in Pest Management
- RSPH Level 2 Award in Pest Management
- BPCA Diploma Part I
The “Advanced Technician/Technical Inspector in Pest Management Qualification ROI” is the Irish equivalent of “RSPH Level 3” or BPCA “Certificated Advanced Technician in pest management “.
This course is spread over 3 months and will provide IASIS CPE Points / CPD BASIS PROMPT Points
Pre-Learning will be provided four weeks in Advance.
- Module 1: The IPM provision of Pest Management Services
- Module 2: Management and Control of Vertebrate Pests
- Module 3: Management and Control of Invertebrate Pests
This course tests your knowledge, capability to think rapidly, and experience as a pest control operator.
You will be appraised on your:
• Ability to recognise a range of vertebrates and invertebrates pests; evidence of infestation and pest control tools
• Understanding of various types of site surveys
• Ability to undertake and complete a risk assessment and an environmental assessment
• Understanding of pest biology and behaviour
• Knowledge of the legislation and responsible use of biocides
• Capacity to give efficient pest control plans to your customer, responsibly and safely.
Assessment is by written examination and the completion of assignments. Candidates will be expected to refer to successful pest management treatments that they have carried out when completing their assignments. Ability to make Inspection report recommendations building effective relationships with customers.
Expert Training includes: Learning resources (provided at no extra cost), Morning Tea/Coffee – Light lunch – Afternoon Tea/Coffee
Cost (2020): £749 (NPTA MEMBERS DISCOUNT: £699)