Bostik Sealocrete Sealofoam Expanding Foam is a quick-setting polyurethane-based foam, which expands on application. This easy-to-use expanding foam expands up to 150% of its extruded volume on application. It comes in a ready-to-use handheld canister. Due to the quick setting properties, the foam can be cut, sawn, plastered and sealed over after approximately one hour.
This expanding foam is ideal for filling irregular and large gaps and holes, both indoors and outdoors. The propellant mixture is free of CFC’s, HCFC’s, FC’s and HFC’s. It complies with EU legislation on greenhouse gases: KOM (2003) 492 final 2003/0189 (COD).
The Foam provides excellent heat resistance, sound absorption, high ageing resistance and is resistant to mould and fungal attacks.
- Colour: Light Yellow
- Form: Aerosol Foam
- Temperature Resistance after curing: -40°C to +90°C
- Drying Times: Cured after approx. 50 to 150 mins.
- Fire Behaviour: B3
- Storage: Always store upright in cool, dry conditions between +5°C and 25°C. Store Valve up.
- Shelf Life: 18 months.
Where to Use?
Typical applications include; horizontal and vertical joints, ductwork, pipework and services voids through walls and floors and sealing around doors and windows. The expanding foam can also be used for sealing gaps in building heat insulation and fixing and insulating wall panels. It provides excellent adhesion to concrete, plaster, brickworks, wood and many plastic materials.
How to Use?
Only use in temperatures between +5°C and +30°C
- Surfaces must be sound, stable, clean and free from contaminants such as dust, oil, grease and any loose material. Moisten surfaces. Gypsum and porous surfaces shall be pre-treated with a primer. Wear protective glasses and gloves, and hold ready some foam cleaner.
- Moisten surfaces well before use, this improves the adhesion and cell structure of the cured foam.
- Screw the adaptor into the can. Shake the can well before and at intervals during use.
- Turn the expanding foam can upside down
- Press the lever carefully to regulate the extrusion rate.
- Fill the cavity approximately half full and spray the foam with water.
- For large voids build up foam in layers and spray foam with water between each layer.
- Vertical gaps and cavities have to be filled from the bottom up.
- Do not overfill – Wide gaps shall be filled with several layers (wait 15-30 minutes between applications).
- If applying outdoors, protect the foam by painting or coating it with suitable material.
- Foaming at constructional elements requires advanced fire security standards.
- Ideal construction and insulation foam for filling and sealing of cavities between brickwork and window frames, window sills, roller blinds chassis etc. Insulating of pipeline mountings.
- Not suitable for applications underwater.
- After ending work, flush the adaptor and clean the valve.
Note: Polyurethane expanding foam will not adhere to polyethene, silicone and Teflon
- Uncured product may be removed using EVO-STIK Foam Cleaner or other expanding foam cleaner.
- Cured product can only be removed by mechanical means.
PRECAUTIONS IN USE
For any application not covered above, please contact Technical Services on +353 1 8624998 or visit www.bostik.ie for advice.
Recommendations and suggestions are for guidance only, since conditions of use are completely beyond our control. For health and safety instruction, first aid measures and spillage and disposal instructions, see separate Health and
Safety Datasheet for SEALOCRETE SEALOFOAM, available at www.bostik.ie.
BOSTIK HOTLINE: Smart help +353 1 8624998
Check Bostik Sealocrete Sealofoam Expanding Foam MSDS HERE
There are no reviews yet.