The Ultimate Fly Pest Controllers
• SAME-DAY SERVICE
• FREE QUOTATIONS
In Ireland, many species of pest flies can infest your home or business. As they can reproduce in only a few days, a minor fly problem left uncontrolled can become a serious infestation.
Check our advice below or contact us for help.
Why Flies are pests?
Through disease they spread such as E. Coli and Salmonella, flies pose a health risk to humans, livestock and pets. Some flies such as horseflies can even bite animals and humans.
Flies usually reproduce very quickly (e.g. as little as 8 days for Fruit Flies) and every sign of activity must be addressed immediately in order to avoid serious infestations.
What Flies do I have?
It is essential to identify the fly species in order to look for the breeding area and eradicate them efficiently. You can check the links to our Pest Guide below to identify the most common species of flies in Ireland. If you cannot find the fly you are looking for just send us a few samples in a small sealed container and we will identify them for you.
Preventing Flies with Fly Pest controlling
Sanitation, Cleaning & Proofing
You can prevent a lot of fly problems by doing the following:
- (Outdoor) keep your compost bin and wheelie bins clean and closed. Fly maggots could easily infest these in the summer months
- Clean your kitchen thoroughly. Small food residues such as cakes or cut fruits attract flies
- Clean and disinfect your kitchen bin regularly
- Your kitchen bin should be covered with a lid at all times
- Strong smells attract flies so if you have something rotten in your bin close the bin bag and bring it to your wheelie bin immediately
- Feed your pets at regular times and do not leave pet food exposed permanently, especially outside. Rinse pet food dishes and remove spillages after every meal
- Get Fly Screens Mesh Mesh fitted to your windows and doors. This is the most efficient way to keep flies out
Professional Fly Control Solutions
Owl Pest Control offer a range of fly monitoring and control solutions to prevent fly larvae and adult flies. Our technicians have many years of training and experience in dealing with fly issues. Call Owl Pest Control Dublin if you need a professional solution to your fly problem.
Flies Pest Guide
Qualified and Fully Licensed Pest Control Technicians
Owl Pest Control Dublin is a member of the NPTA (National Pest Technicians Association), BPCA (British Pest Control Association), IPCA (Irish Pest Control Association), and is actively taking part in the development of the Pest Control Industry in Ireland. Our Technical Staff are licensed by the Department of Agriculture & consist of Filed Biologists, Highly Qualified Pest Control Technicians, Senior technical staff with over 15 years professional experience & qualifications including Postgraduate Degrees; Cork University, RSPH, BPCA, IPCA, Kilgerm & HACCP diploma