Owl Pest Control Dublin - Local Pest Services & Products since 1998
Ask a Pest Control Expert:
Problem with pests?
Owl Pest Control Dublin offers Professional Pest Control Services to Home and Business in Dublin, South Dublin, Wicklow, Meath and Kildare.
We identify and get rid of all types of pests including:
- Mice (house mouse)
- Rats including solutions for trapping rats without using poison
- Ants, pharaoh ants, red ants and swarming flying ants
- Cockroaches: German, American, Oriental and all other species of roach
- Silverfish – including a range of DIY products to get rid of silverfish in the bathroom and other areas
- Flies – bluebottles, houseflies and fruit flies infestations in kitchen
- Wasp nest treatments, wasp nest removal in attics and wasp hives
- Moths, carpet beetles and larvae damaging rugs and carpets
…and most other pests that you don’t want to share your business or home with!
If you have a pest problem and need a team of experts to help eliminate it, call Owl Pest Control today on (01) 452-3680 or contact us online
Owl Pest Control Dublin Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions about Pests in Dublin
Mice and rats seek access to buildings for shelter and food. They can chew through food boxes in presses and more seriously gnaw on water pipes or wires, which can lead to fire hazards. They also carry illnesses and bacteria such as hantavirus and salmonella.
Do I have mice or rats?
Solutions can be different depending on if you have rats, baby rats, or mice infesting your business or home. Mouse droppings look like black grains of rice. Rat droppings are much bigger and wider. Mice are much smaller than rats, with tails longer than their body (unlike rats), and have rounder, smaller ears.
Getting rid of rodents using DIY Solutions:
- Buy some mouse traps or mice poison rodenticide to get rid of mice in house
- Get spring traps for trapping rats (poison is not recommended if you have rats in house)
- Remove food sources from around your home (or business) to reduce rodent attraction and rats in garden.
- Seal cracks and gaps in outdoor walls, under doors and around plumbing pipes to prevent rats in attic and walls
Limitations with DIY mice control:
- DIY cannot guarantee complete removal of mice or rats.
- Traps and other products must be used correctly to be effective.
- DIY rodent control solutions may take longer to work and since they reproduce very rapidly, your business or home may end up with a bigger problem than you started with.
Getting professional help to control rodents:
There are several advantages to use a professional to control a mice problem.
- Peace of mind: Relying on an experienced specialist takes the stress & anxiety away as the mice infestation will be dealt with quickly – this may not be the case when using DIY mice products.
- Safety: When dealing with mice infestations safety is the main concern. Because mice are disease carriers, you may not want to handle them. Our professional technicians are used to safely removing mice while keeping your pets and family safe.
- Efficiency: It may not be easy to choose the best mice control option from different DIY products available. If you are not completely sure you could lose some precious time while the mice problem increases. On another hand, a trained specialist will immediately operate the best control plan to remove mice without delay.
If you need help contact Owl Pest Control now to get rid of a mice problem in your home or business and take away your worries. Dial (01) 452 36 80 to speak to one of our pest control professionals or Contact Us Online
Home pest control
Having pests in your home can be very distressing. Pests can also damage your residence and cause health risks to children, adults and pets.
For over 20 years we have helped thousands of families across Dublin with home pest control issues such as mice, rats, silverfish, ants, cockroaches, moths and others. We have also protected gardens and homes from rat, mice or bird access by proofing properties against pests.
Quotation can be given over the phone for most of these services upon request.
Our aim is not only to help you get rid of pests in your home, but also to investigate building proofing issues and general housekeeping so that these pests don’t return.
Call Owl Pest Control Dublin on (01) 452 36 80 to discuss your home pest control needs or Contact Us Online
Pest Control Prices
The cost of a pest control service is a primary concern for most home and business owners trying to get pests removed from their property. Pest control costs are determined by different factors including:
- Pest type: some pests require only one treatment (e.g. wasps) and some other several treatments (e.g. mice)
- Extent of the infestation: if an infestation is serious it will take more time to clear it and costs increase.
- Treatments chosen: depending on the pest, different treatments / equipments are needed.
- Number of treatments: several follow-up treatments may be required for extensive infestations
- Size of property: a pest service cost will be lower in an apartment than in a warehouse.
- Residential vs business property: commercial properties such as restaurants or office buildings usually require more inspections, written assessments and more scheduled treatments from our pest professionals. Businesses also need more elaborate and recurring pest treatment programmes for compliance and quality purposes.
The cost of pest control depends on a variety of factors but our friendly pest specialists can usually give you a free estimate over the phone or arrange a site survey before starting any work.
We provide excellent value and will eliminate any rodent problems you have in your residence or business as well as providing valuable advice in our comprehensive reports to help you avoid recurring pest issues.
To request a quotation please call Owl Pest Control Dublin on (01) 452 36 80 to speak to one of our pest control professionals or Contact Us Online
Who pays the pest bill in rented homes?
Both the tenant and landlord have responsibilities for keeping a property pest-free.
The landlord is responsible for providing a property that is free of pests and take suitable measures to keep it pest free. This for instance would be the provision of closing bins so that rubbish does not attract rodents. The landlord must also ensure that the structure of the building is in good condition, i.e. without access holes / gaps that could let rodents in, or cracks that would let water seeping through and encourage insect activity.
For the landlord, pest infestations may result in tenants leaving, bad reputation, a vacant property and higher costs for eradication programmes.
The tenant is responsible for dealing with pests that have been brought in directly such as bedbugs or fleas, or through doors and windows left open (mice, flies, moths). Casual pest intruders can also multiply rapidly if sanitation and housekeeping standards are poor.
As soon as a pest problem is noticed, the tenant should report it to the landlord so that it can be dealt with before it gets out of control.
Check this blog for more details about who is responsible for pests in apartments
Owl Pest Control has decades of experience in providing pest control services for rental properties in Dublin. Call our pest specialists on (01) 452-3680 or Contact us Online.
Silverfish in Ireland
Like in most European countries, Silverfish have lived in Ireland for 400 million years, long before the dinosaurs! Small silver fish measure 6-7mm and mature silverfish are about 11-12mm with a carrot-shaped body. a silvery appearance, and three distinctive tales.
In modern dwellings, people are mainly noticing silverfish in bathroom and kitchens. A mother lays around 50 eggs and a looks after them until the small silverfish become adults. They live for 7 years, which is considerable for an insect.
Silverfish mainly feed on carbohydrate or protein-based foods such as cereals, bread, flour, sugar, starch, glues from wallpaper and books. They need warm (22-32 degrees C) and humid conditions to survive. They are most active at night and are often noticed in bathrooms and kitchens when the light is turned on and they run for cover.
So if you can control the conditions above you will soon get rid of them, as they become a pest when reaching large numbers in bakeries, food factories where they can contaminate food.
Rodent Control Dublin specialists
Owl Pest Control is an independent and local rodent control and clean-up company in Dublin. We proudly service all of Dublin and surrounding counties, helping residents live in a mice and rat free environment.
Our services include rodent prevention, rodent control, removal and clean-up. We also carry out rodent cleaning & decontamination, and rat and mice building proofing in Dublin. Our expert and certified staff are ready to help you permanently resolve your rodent issues.
Pest Control for Businesses in Dublin
Owl Pest Control has over 20 years of experience in protecting business sectors from pests in Dublin including property management, food distribution, warehousing, nursing homes and most other business sectors.
Our services help food businesses comply with HACCP, BRC and other standards. We have pest solutions specific to your business:
Residential & Domestic Pest Control Dublin
Owl Pest Control has been providing pest control to homes in Dublin since 1998. If you have cockroaches, rodents, silverfish, ants, or any other pest in your home call us today and get a FREE estimate.
Check our reviews! Our customers value our work! We use the safest and most effective techniques and products in order to protect your home, family and pets. We also provide routine service for landlords or when you need service performed on a regular basis.
How we work
Our pest control service follows a simple four step approach: contact, survey/quotation, action plan, and subsequent monitoring to ensure your pest issue is dealt with professionally.
We will arrange for an expert to advise you
We will go over your pest issue and organise a survey if needed
Our DAFM licensed & certified specialists will visit to provide your treatment
We will schedule as many visits as requested to make sure the problem is resolved
Find your Pest Control & Elimination Solution
Need help in finding the Pest Control Solution for your needs? Find out more below by searching by Industry, Pest Control Service or identify your pest, or feel free to contact us!
See What Our Clients Say About Us
Satisfied customers of Owl Pest Control since 2000
We would have no hesitation in recommending Owl
Thorough, effective & environmentally friendly service
Qualified & Fully Licensed Pest Control Technicians
Owl Pest Control Dublin is a member of the NPTA (National Pest Technicians Association), BPCA (British Pest Control Association), IPCA (Irish Pest Control Association), and is actively taking part in the development of the Pest Control Industry in Ireland. Our Technical Staff are licensed by the Department of Agriculture & consist of Filed Biologists, Highly Qualified Pest Control Technicians, Senior technical staff with over 15 years professional experience & qualifications including Postgraduate Degrees; Cork University, RSPH, BPCA, IPCA, Kilgerm & HACCP diploma
Latest News & Blog
Pest Control News & Information
For all the latest Pest Control industry news, including helpful advice and information for both commercial and residential clients.