Owl Pest Control Job Opportunities
Welcome to the Careers page for Owl Pest Control Dublin. Please browse all of our available pest control jobs and career opportunities.
(21/07/2022) Trainee Pest Control Service Technician – Dublin
Founded in 1998, Owl Pest Control is one of the most established pest control companies in Dublin. We seek an enthusiastic and motivated Pest Control technician to join our growing team.
Are you wondering what our Service Technicians do?
The role gives you a lot of autonomy and you will go through a wide variety of situations every single day.
Your sense of initiative, DIY and problem-solving skills will be put to the test and give you a great sense of achievement when dealing with houses, restaurants, or multinational food production plants.
Customer Service is the key to all our services and we are known in the industry for our exceptional quality of work.
Every day is different and as a service provider, the variety of jobs/work to be carried out ensures you are always engaged in new challenges, from wasp nests and ants to rodents, cockroaches, silverfish and many more.
The service technician’s role in Owl Pest Control is progressive. We are focused on training and upskilling to ensure our employees reach their maximum potential and attain achievements to ensure a fulfilling career.
If you are looking for a role that entails a lot of variety and responsibility with expert skills, where you can progress endlessly and feel valued, then becoming a service technician with Owl is a perfect choice.
For more details on the day-to-day role, check: https://owlpestcontrol.ie/pest-controller-job-description/
- Basic pay range we are offering is €28,000 to €40,000 depending on experience and motivated “beginners” can reach €34-36k within the first year
- 37.5 hrs/week with some early calls or evening calls. Saturday shift on a rotation basis (approx. every 5 weeks).
- Overtime available and occasional highly paid emergency weekend/night work
- We only operate in Dublin and Leinster so the successful applicant should reside in Co. Dublin
In order to qualify for the position of Service Technician you should preferably have the following:
- Full B driving licence (mandatory)
- Leaving Cert.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for reports and advising customers
- DIY skills & Fitness are essential. Punctuality, organization, enthusiasm
- Evening study & quiz work are required during the first 2 months, and formal training/diploma to obtain your pest control licence within 9 months (statutory). Full training will be provided
- Pest Control is a skilled trade and therefore suitable for Candidates with interest in a long-term career
1. To provide a Service of high standards and keep up to date with our customer base.
2. Provision of a detailed report for every visit, so our customers are informed of all actions carried out on their premises.
3. Ensuring your clients are provided with expert pest advice and pest prevention
4. Endeavour to offer a complete and long-term pest solution to your clients
5. Maintaining your uniform and equipment clean and tidy at all times to project a professional image
Why Should You Apply?
- Top industry pay and reasonable hours with opportunity for additional earnings.
- Great benefits: vehicle, phone, overtime, bonuses, Tips, and Sales lead commissions.
- Recession-proof industry, ideal for family security and mortgages.
- Company Pension scheme and independent Employee Assistance Programme
- We will train you to become a licensed pest control expert, with limitless career progression. Some of our technical staff have progressed from complete beginner to Accredited Field Biologist or Service Manager.
Previous suitable backgrounds include healthcare assistant, bartender/ hospitality, ducter, insulator, welder, warden, carpenter, sales assistant, customer service advisor, maintenance technician, handyman, landscaper, construction worker, biologist, general operative, etc.
How to Apply?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter through Indeed or by EMAIL only (no phone calls) to the HR Manager: email@example.com
By applying for a role with us, you consent that Owl Pest Control will process your personal data for the purpose of handling your application. Owl Pest Control is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We do not need assistance from employment agencies at present.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €28,000.00-€36,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
- Safety bonus
- Company pension
- 8 hour shift
Check our COVID-19 work procedures here: https://owlpestcontrol.ie/support/coronavirus-information-updates/
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin, County Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Leaving Certificate (preferred)
- Full B Driving Licence (required)
Expected start date: 01/08/2022
– NO Position currently available –
– NO Position currently available –
Qualified & Fully Licensed Pest Control Technicians
Owl Pest Control Dublin is a member of the NPTA (National Pest Technicians Association), BPCA (British Pest Control Association), IPCA (Irish Pest Control Association), and is actively taking part in the development of the Pest Control Industry in Ireland. Our Technical Staff are licensed by the Department of Agriculture & consist of Filed Biologists, Highly Qualified Pest Control Technicians, Senior technical staff with over 15 years professional experience & qualifications including Postgraduate Degrees; Cork University, RSPH, BPCA, IPCA, Kilgerm & HACCP diploma
Today our activities aim towards the following objectives
To provide cost-effective pest control solutions
To provide cost-effective solutions, i.e. minimising the need for pest control treatment and callouts by developing intensive knowledge of pest strategies/behavior. This put the focus primarily on proofing buildings to prevent pest intrusion; eliminating pest access to sources of food & water; and reducing pest harbourage opportunities.Owl Pest Control Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Owl Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Strategy
Develop communication at all levels with our customers to achieve maximum efficiency and satisfaction: state of the art documentation and reporting system; regular review of pest infestation trends and customer needs; all service history details available instantly on our central computer; standardised Company procedures to provide continuity in our service.
Research and Development: review/test/implement/improve new technologies, pesticides, alternative solutions. Develop knowledge networks throughout the Pest Control industry in Ireland and internationally.