Pest Control Costs and Prices
Whether it is a home or business customer, one of the first questions we get asked is “how much does it cost“. It is a question we usually can answer almost immediately once we know a few elements such as the size of premises, the location of the infestation, what pest are we dealing with, and how established is the infestation.
So, what are the Pest Control Costs in Dublin and Ireland?
There are a number of factors that impact pest control prices, but our pricing structure is very simple once we determine all the above factors. Have a look below.
How much does a pest control service cost?
Here is a list of some factors that will determine the pest control costs when treating an infestation:
- The pest type – some pests require far more work more follow up visits than others. For instance with the new DAFM legislation treating rodents takes more visits, with also more investigation time than treating a wasp nest which can be done with only one treatment.
- The size of the infestation – For how long is the infestation established in your home or property? When the infestation has been going on for a long time, it takes more equipment and follow-up visits to regain control than if you noticed the problem as soon as it starts.
- Size of the property – quite understandably, carrying out pest control treatments in a small apartment is not going to cost the same as providing pest control for a large warehouse with multiple loading bays. The property size is one of the main factor contributing to the pest control costs.
- The treatment process – There are a lot of treatment procedures depending on the pest involved and this will reflect on the overall costs. Some pests can be eliminated without chemicals using good sanitation or proofing techniques while some other require the use of expensive pheromones or growth regulators. Also the pricing of preventative routine inspections is much lower than the cost of eradication treatments.
- Amount of treatments – as some pests are more difficult to get rid of than others, the cost of pest control will increase as more visits will be necessary to resolve the pest problem.
Commercial vs residential pest control costs
Type of Property
The pricing of pest control treatments also depends on the type property we are dealing with. If a pest infestation occurs in your home it is usually a one of problem and you will pay a on-off cost for resolving the pest issue and get recommendations to prevent the problem from coming back.
An ant problem in a house may not require as much ongoing pest control treatments as a business producing food with much more stringent standards so it is cheaper. If you own a commercial property, you will also probably require ongoing integrated pest management solutions in compliance with specific legislation such as food standards and that can affect the price.
Even the type of business may have different levels of requirements that will determine the price of a pest management plan. For instance a pest control programme for apartment blocks property management is much simpler and require less frequent visits than pest management plans for healthcare facilities or food processing plants.
How we work
Pest control survey / quotation
In order to accurately work out the Pest Control Costs of services, it may be necessary to carry out a site inspection. Our specialists can then decide on the nature of the pest infestation, its size and the pest species concerned.
What we do during a property survey?
- Our technical team will set up an appointment at a suitable time for the pest inspection of the property and will discuss the procedure.
- Our pest specialist will meet you on time and get ready to carry out a full inspection, with a special emphasis on the areas where pests are most likely to be found and to get access. He will review what pests have been found and also previous pest infestation as well.
- Upon completion of the survey, our pest control expert will communicate his findings with you and then recommend the most cost-efficient plan to regain control of the infestation.
- After discussing the inspection and treatment with you, a free estimate for the costs involved will be given to you or the owner of the property.
- Our highly qualified pest specialists will offer advice to get rid of pests and also building proofing to prevent further infestations from occurring.
If you have a pest problem and would like to discuss pest control costs and treatment options, reach out to Owl Pest Control Dublin by contacting us online today.
Qualified and Fully Licensed Pest Control Technicians
Owl Pest Control Dublin is a member of the NPTA (National Pest Technicians Association), BPCA (British Pest Control Association), IPCA (Irish Pest Control Association), and is actively taking part in the development of the Pest Control Industry in Ireland. Our Technical Staff are licensed by the Department of Agriculture & consist of Filed Biologists, Highly Qualified Pest Control Technicians, Senior technical staff with over 15 years professional experience & qualifications including Postgraduate Degrees; Cork University, RSPH, BPCA, IPCA, Kilgerm & HACCP diploma