Mice (Mus domesticus) - House Mouse
House mice are 3 to 4 inches long, with large ears, small eyes and pointed nose. Light brown or light gray. Their droppings are rod-shaped.
House mice can breed throughout the year and sometimes share nests. They live indoors, but mice can also survive outdoors.
Mice are nocturnal (i.e. they usually sleep during the day). They have a voracious appetite, eating 15 to 20 times a day, and mice build their nest near places where food is accessible.
Female mice can give birth to 6 babies every three weeks and can have up to 35 mice in one year.
- Micro droplets of mouse urine can cause allergies in children.
- Mice can also bring fleas, mites, ticks, and lice into your home. Mice can multiply quickly and will do significant damage to your home and furniture because of their gnawing activities.
- Mice will also contaminate food and other materials through their droppings.
- There are instances whereby mice activity has caused house fires as they can chew through the electric cables.
Prevention of Mice
- To keep mice and other rodents out, make sure all holes of larger diameter than a pencil are sealed.
- Keep bins well sealed.
- Avoid food spillages and try keeping food stored in sealed containers.
- Remove mice harbourage opportunities.
Mice Treatments and Control
Mice treatments depend on the level of infestation, the location, and the possibility of non-target species presence.
Mice control may involve using mice poison, break-back traps, trap-and-release humane traps, building proofing, mice bait boxes, etc.
Owl Pest Control Technicians have extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with mice from any area around your home & office, e.g.: Mice in walls, ceilings, under floor boards, in kitchen / hot press. We also offer DIY mice eradication solutions below.
Contact Owl Pest Control
Do you have a mouse problem, need to talk to an expert?
Contact Owl Pest Control today!