Detex Rodent Monitoring Blocks With Lumitrack Specifications
Non-Toxic Monitoring & Tracking Bait
Bell‘s popular Detex rodent monitoring blocks bait, DETEX BLOX, is now reformulated as DETEX with Lumitrack, a non-toxic bait with a special additive that makes rodent droppings glow bright green under black light.
Detex with Lumitrack continues to be an indispensable tool for monitoring rodent activity but now it can also be used to track rodent movement and to identify rodent harborage.
Droppings from rodents that have consumed Detex with Lumitrack appear normal under regular light but glow bright neon green under black light.
By tracking those droppings, pest controllers can identify the specific species and size of an infestation, as well as track rodent movement to harborage and nesting areas. Active burrows become visible under black light, as well.
Where to Use?
New Detex is ideal for monitoring rodent activity in schools, food warehouses, zoos, parks and other sensitive accounts.
Once rodent activity is detected, PMPs can replace the non-toxic Detex rodent monitoring blocks with rodenticide baits, traps or other rodent control products to get rid of an infestation.
The 20g BLOX is made with Bell’s highly palatable bait formulation containing human food-grade ingredients.
Because its many textures and tastes appeal to rodents, Detex with Lumitrack gives technicians the same superior bait acceptance and weatherability as other BLOX baits from Bell.
A hole through the centre of the Blox lets PMPs secure it on vertical or horizontal rods inside Bell’s tamper-resistant bait stations.
- Bait should be placed in bait stations or otherwise secured and out of reach of non-target animals.
- Place bait around the periphery of buildings, especially near likely locations of rodent entry, and in areas that provide rodent harbourage. Record locations for future reference.
- Rats: Place 3 – 6 DETEX BLOX every 9 – 15 meters (30 to 50 feet).
- Mice: Place 1 – 2 DETEX BLOX every 2 – 4 meters (6 to 14 feet).
- Inspect bait routinely for rodent activity and more often during the autumn season. Replace spoiled rodent monitoring blocks immediately. If the bait has been gnawed or eaten, replace Detex rodent monitoring blocks with toxic bait or traps as appropriate until the infestation has been controlled. DETEX BLOX is non-toxic and may be disposed of in the same manner as other food products.