Stops Swallows and House Martins from Building Nests
To prevent house martins and swallows from building nests under the eaves and soffits of your roof, the best option is to use NestDivert.
NestDivert deters house martins, swallows and swifts from nesting under sections of your roof. It is easy to install and stops these small birds from building their nests in your home’s eaves, gable and apex. It is a simple deterrent that will not harm the birds but stop them from nesting in your building. The design will not harm the birds and simply encourages them to move onto a more suitable area that will not be your home.
- The design works with all roof types (horizontal or slanted) and can also be positioned behind down pipes.
- It is very discreet, almost impossible to notice
- 2 strips of 264mm manufactured from acrylic
- Weatherproof and doesn’t turn yellow in the sunlight like poly-carbonate
- Install in seconds and lasts for many years
There are 2 types of NestDivert available:
- The “Flat NestDivert” for the apex or wall junctions of the roof (product sold on this page) and
- The “Angled NestDivert” for all other sections (product sold HERE):
See the NestDivert in Action
How to Install the Flat NestDivert
Warning: When working at heights please take the necessary precautions to avoid accidents. It is illegal to disturb or destroy a live nest in Ireland. Only do so when the nest is not in use.
- Prepare the installation site by removing old nests and other debris.
- Thoroughly clean the soffit.
- Ensure the installation site is dry, as wet or damp conditions can affect how the adhesive tape bonds with surfaces.
- Carefully remove the red protective plastic covering from the clear double-sided tape adhesive on the NestDivert.
- Push the base of the NestDivert into place on the soffit, keeping it tight against the wall, the fingers pointing down and away from the building (As shown below).
- Hold the NestDivert in place for 5 seconds for the adhesive tape to bond with the surface of the soffit.
- If you’re planning to remove the NestDiverts at a later stage to reinstall (redecorating) we would advise removing the gel tape and secure with 20mm self-tapping screws to the soffit by way of the pre-cut holes.
Maintenance: Annually clean away debris build-up by using soapy water and a cloth.
- When applying the NestDivert, the surface to be bonded to should be dry, dust-free, grease-free and thoroughly clean.
- Avoid touching the exposed adhesive surface of the tape as this impairs its performance. The ideal cleaning method should incorporate the use of a solvent such as Isopropyl alcohol.
- To attain the optimum bond strength sufficient pressure should be applied to the tape to ensure a good adhesive “wet out” on the substrates. This tape is a pressure-sensitive adhesive, and the best results are achieved with maximum surface contact under pressure.
- Press NestDivert into place with sufficient pressure and leave for the bond strength to reach its optimum strength after 24 hours.
- Non-PVC soffits need to be sealed correctly or the bond will not be possible. Flaking paint or rotting soffits will need the NestDiverts to be secured using self 15-20mm tapping screws. We recommend replacing rotting soffits and/or sealing the soffit with standard outdoor wood paint.