Fox Dog Cage Trap Specifications
- Heavy-gauge welded wire mesh construction
- Galvanised steel to give long and durable outdoor use
- Dimensions: W50 x H55 x L120 cm – 10.59Kg
- Suitable for Dogs / Foxes
Fold Flat Fox & Dog Trap – Assembly Instructions
Sliding Clip Assembly (13 clips in total) – Model Albi 049
Instructions are given from position “A” facing door:
1. Take off the 4 red transit cable ties
2. Place the fox dog cage trap flat on the ground with the set-in door pointing upwards
3. Release the clasp securing the drop bar frame.
4. Swing the drop bar frame over and out
5. Turn the fox dog cage trap over — When facing the door release the 2 clasps on the left-hand side
6. Lift and swing the panels over to a flat position
7. Using the handle, lift the body to an upright position. The drop rod frame will remain hinged forward on the ground.
8. Swing up the back panel to the main frame and secure it in position with 9 sliding clips.
9. Go to the front of the fox dog cage trap. Reach in and grab the door, and pull to an upright position.
10. Secure the door to the roof with the 2 sliding clips.
11. With the door closed and the drop bar frame lying in front of the trap, ensure the drop bar is away from the trap
12. Swing the drop rod frame upwards to the top of the trap and secure it with the 2 sliding clips. The drop bar will then rest on top of the door return.
TO FOLD FLAT CARRY OUT INSTRUCTIONS IN REVERSE ORDER
Note: Swing the bait hook up to the roof to allow the trap to fold.
Instructions For Setting the Fox Dog Cage Trap
- Release the bait door in the back panel giving access to the bait hook.
- Bait the hook.
- Close the bait door.
- Lift the drop bar to the door as high as possible.
- Swing the door upwards and outwards.
- Secure the bait hook rod in the mesh swivel lug on the door (this is the 2nd mesh up from the door).
- Adjust the sensitivity of the hook trip mechanism by sliding the operating rod forwards or backwards in the
mesh swivel lug.
The fox dog cage trap should be set as sensitively as possible. The mesh swivel lug must rest against the top front edge of the trap.
Fresh killed poultry or game but any carrion can be used. You can also use sardines or tuna in oil – smear the oil around the
entrance to create interest.
Additional bait may be placed outside and a little way from the front of the fox dog cage trap. This helps to create interest and capture on subsequent visits. The fox will initially be wary of the trap as it will be a new introduction into its environment and it may take a while to get used to it.
- Place the cage on level ground.
- Surround and cover it with undergrowth or straw bales.
- Ensure that the mesh floor is nestled into the ground cover. If this is not possible, cover the mesh with straw or dried grass.
- Ensure that the hook operating rod can move freely. Hang branches or leafy twigs over the entrance to camouflage it and make it look more natural.
- Drive a stake into the ground on each side of the trap and tie the trap securely to them to ensure the trap cannot roll or turn. If more convenient, secure to a tree.
Checking the Trap
We all have a moral and legal duty to avoid causing any unnecessary suffering to any animal and to this end all traps should be checked at least twice per day. Any trapped non-target species should be released, and trapped target animals should be removed and despatched immediately.
If you are not able to check the fox dog cage trap frequently, the door should be closed to avoid further capture.
Over time the galvanised rod components of the trap will tarnish. The free operation can be maintained by wiping over with a light coat of oil or grease. (If fish bait in oil is used this is suitable).
Appropriate protective clothing should be used at all times when handling and emptying the trap.
The Albi 049 Fox Dog trap is used and Trusted by: