PLUSZAP 30watt Electric Fly Killer Aluminum
The third generation Insect-O-Cutor PlusZap model offers up to 35% reduction in energy consumption cost compared to previous generations’ machines. It is slim in design, and the staggered lamps create an efficient UV light attraction. The easy servicing makes it ideal for commercial environments.
The PLUSZAP 30watt Electric Fly Killer can be left free-standing, or fitted on a wall with 2 screws (provided), or suspended (chain supplied).
- 2x15Watt 18″ tubes
- 3 simple-to-install mounting options: Free standing, suspended or hanging (screws & chain supplied)
- Aluminium and plastic Fly Killer construction for a smart look and easy cleaning
- Drawer-like insect catch tray for fast and safe clean
- 2 years Fly Killer manufacturer guarantee (always exclude tubes & starters)
- Independently tested and certified to RoHS and all relevant European standards
- Dimensions H x W x D: 270 x 512 x 110 mm.
- Room Coverage: 80 M²
- Weight: 2.2Kg
- Applications: Domestic – For indoor use only
Contents of Package
– 1 x PlusZap™ fly killer
– 2x Screws, wall plugs and suspension keyrings
– 1 x Suspension chain
– 2x High powered UV lamps (Fitted)
WARNING – THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED (CLASS 1)
Positioning and Guidance
The PLUSZAP 30watt Electric Fly Killer Aluminum is for indoor use only. It is not suitable for use in barns, stables and similar locations. Keep out of reach of children.
Ideally, install the appliance around two meters above the ground, preferably in the darkest place within the area to be protected. Do not position the unit close to windows, skylights or other light sources, or where it may be obscured by furniture, doors or other obstacles. It is best if your zapper fly killer is visible from every part of the area to be protected.
PlusZap™ should ideally be in operation 24 hours a day, ensuring your premises are kept free of flying insects. Insects are most attracted to fly killer units at night when there is no competition from daylight or other light sources.
Installation should be carried out by service personnel only, after ensuring that the unit is disconnected from the mains supply.
For wall mounting, use the supplied wall mounting plugs and screws, making sure correct wall plugs are used for specialist mounting materials, such as plasterboard.
The 30watt electric fly killer should be mounted as shown in the mounting options section of the printed instructions. Use the mains lead plug to connect the zapper fly killer to a power supply of appropriate rating, as specified on the specification label found on top of the unit.
Cleaning should be carried out by service personnel only, after ensuring that the unit is disconnected from the mains supply.
It is recommended that cleaning is carried out regularly every month. During cleaning the unit should be thoroughly wiped down with a damp cloth, removing any build-up of dirt.
Ensure the unit is completely dry before reconnecting it to the power supply.
All 30watt electric fly killer units have a two-year guarantee and if maintained as recommended should continue to work for many years. The guarantee excludes lamps. It does not cover breakdown due to misuse, incorrect operation, or use in an incorrect application. The use of non-approved consumables may invalidate the guarantee.
Catch Tray Removal
To service the unit simply remove the catch tray by pulling the tray away from the unit, using the handles provided. Please ensure that the unit is kept upright at all times.
To ensure the efficiency of your 30watt electric fly killer in catching flying insects, the UV lamps should be replaced annually: After twelve months the phosphor coating that emits the correct wavelength of UV light has burnt away and the UV output is diminished substantially.
Lamp Replacement should be carried out by service personnel only, after ensuring that the unit is disconnected from the mains supply.
CAUTION – RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK. NEVER TOUCH THE INNER METAL KILLING GRID WITH YOUR BARE HANDS UNTIL STEPS 1 – 7 BELOW ARE COMPLETED.
To replace the UV lamps…
- Isolate the 30watt electric fly killer from the mains power supply and wait for 5 minutes
- Use a screwdriver with an insulated handle, ensuring that the screwdriver is held by the insulated handle
- Short-circuit the two sides of the inner metal killing grid by gently touching them simultaneously with the metal shaft of the screwdriver. This may cause a spark.
- Repeat until no more sparks appear
- Remove the catch tray
- Unscrew 2 x screws on the underside of grill guard
- Remove grill guard
- Rotate lamps through 90° freeing them from lamp holders
- Dispose of the used UV lamps in conjunction with local WEEE regulations (or you can drop them any time at Owl’s office).