Straight Fly Killer Tube Replacement Blacklight UV 368
Our tubes have different types and sizes.
While we try to break it down as simple as possible, please ensure to check your current Tube to ensure the right one is selected call us for help or email us a picture of your existing tube showing the code part.
“Standard” type is a regular glass tube (better value) and “Shatterproof” type is the same tube but covered with a Teflon clear plastic tubing to prevent the glass from falling off if the tube gets broken (mandatory in commercial kitchens and food-handling areas).
How to Replace a Straight Fly Killer Tube?
What is the meaning of the code written on the Straight Fly Killer Tubes?
Each manufacturer uses its own UV lamp codes so do not hesitate to contact us with specific queries. For general reference, remember that most of the time the lamp code has a precise meaning and will include the following:
- BL = Black Light = UV tubes
- 368 = 368nm (nanometres) = frequency of radiation most attractive to insects (twice as efficient as old fly killer tubes with a 350nm radiation)
- FL = Fluorescent Lamp.
- F15 = Fluorescent Lamp, 15 Watt.
- T5 = Tubular 5/8 inch diameter, T8 = Tubular 1 inch diameter, T12 = Tubular 1.5 inch diameter.
- SP = Shatter proof = coated with clear plastic slieve for safety.
- For instance, the code F15T8/BL/368/18″/SP means “Fluorescent Tube 15 watt, 1-inch diameter, Blacklight, 368nm, 18 inches long, shatter-resistant”.
Fly Killer Tubes – Glue boards – Starters – bulbs – Repairs – Glue Pads – UV lamps
Fluorescent lamps – Blacklight – BL365 – BL368 – BL350 – Fluorescent Light Bulbs – Quantum Bulbs