Following audits of Health & Safety Management systems and customer sites by the Alcumus Group, Owl Pest Control received the SafeContractor accreditation for the first time in 2017, and retained it every year since.
As the leading health and safety assessment scheme, SafeContractor has over 300 major clients and nearly 27,000 contractor members.
How our customers benefit from the SafeContractor scheme?
Many large organisations use SafeContractor to reduce exposure risks and to maintain their existing contractor and service provider base. They also benefit from a selection of new, pre-approved contractors.
Our Property Management clients, in particular, find it invaluable to rely on all the compliance checks provided by SafeContractor.
- Reduced risk in organisations, ensuring that contractors have suitable and sufficient health and safety processes.
- Cost-effectively managing contractor lists, relieving of the costly administrative burden of screening them internally.
- Meeting the legal health and safety requirements and providing supporting evidence.
Food retail giant Weetabix is just one organisation that chose SafeContractor to improve its contractor management. Watch the Weetabix video below to find out more:
All SafeContractor members get a re-audit every year prior to the renewal date to make sure all standards, insurances and H&S records are up to date.
This accreditation is essential to establish and maintain our working relationship with most Property Management Companies and corporate clients.
SafeContractor Audits - What is covered?
(For every 12 month period:)
- Up-to-date full Health & Safety policy
- Proof of competence of our external H&S consultancy
- Evidence of site inspections/audits
- Records of work equipment maintenance
- Evidence of H&S discussions with clients/contractors prior to starting work
- Copies of specific risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- Evidence of procedures in place for managing COVID-19
- Completed risk assessment that identifies and suitably controls the risk of COVID-19 exposure
- Drug and alcohol policy
- Pest Control trade specific or academic qualifications
- Current training matrix
- Evidence of training/refresher training
- Precautions taken for the safe use of ladders / step ladders
- Evidence of RPE maintenance / issue records
- Examples of completed COSHH Assessments
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance
Safe PQQ - Law Compliance Commitment
Our ongoing work towards safety and legislative compliance also enabled us to become SafePQQ accredited. PQQs are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires that assess contractors’ suitability as part of their clients’ tender process.
Attaining SafePQQ ensures that an organisation is not breaching laws surrounding the following topics:
- Quality Management
- Modern Slavery
- Right to Work
With the SafePQQ accreditation, a company can prove that the quality programs of their contractors are in place. It gives our clients the ability to save time on all the tedious, but necessary processes of filling out compliance questionnaires and forms.
We are extremely proud of our records and the standards we uphold. By committing to the requirements set out in order to achieve this accreditation, we believe it is a true testament to our work ethic as an organisation.