Natural Organic Liquid Insecticide
Pyrethrum 5EC - Kill Insects on Contact and After Treatment - Liquid Concentrate
Why Use Pyrethrum 5EC?
Pyrethrum 5EC is the best product to use if you are trying to kill insects without leaving residue or using toxic insecticides. It is a professional grade natural organic insecticide used in organic farming. The active ingredient pyrethrin is made from dried Chrysanthemum flowers and while killing most insects pests safely, it is non persistent in the environment and will not leave residues on horticultural crops.
Pyrethrum is very safe to humans and has been used as hair shampoo for lice treatment. It is an ideal product to use in your garden and near your house.
- Easy to use
- Kills most insect predators
- Naturally derived insecticide
- Convenient 100ml concentrate that will give you 25 Litres of ready-to-use product.
- Safe for use on plants and food crops
- Leaves no toxic residue
- Natural pyrethrins kill almost all garden pests
- Edible and organic crops can be harvested 24 hours after application
Details & Formulations
Pyrethrum 5EC is a natural insecticide containing 5% natural pyrethrum and will therefore kill most insect predators used in integrated pest management programmes (IPM). Natural pyrethrum has not been notified as an insecticide with a high risk resistance, and it is synergised in this product with piperonyl butoxide (prepared from a a natural oil). Therefore insects are extremely unlikely to develop resistance to Pyrethrum 5EC.
Pyrethrum 5EC can be used on ornamentals, fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, raspberries, lettuce, cabbages, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers etc. It is for use against a wide range of Irish pest insects including aphids, caterpillars, moths, flea beetle, red spider mite (or "velvet mite" or "blood suckers"), thrips, whitefly, blackfly, greenfly etc.
Instructions for Use and Precautions
- Always read and follow all advice from the product label. Use pesticides safely.
- Dilution with water: 4ml per Litre (stir thoroughly).
- The diluted product will degrade after 6 to 8 hours after preparation / application so only mix what you are going to use.
- Do not spray in intense light. Ideally spray in the early morning or evening and on a dry day.
- Pyrethrum 5EC leaves no toxic residue and food crops can be harvested after only 24 hours after application.
- When using do not eat, drink or smoke. Wash hands after use.
- Pyrethrum 5EC is still an irritant and suitable protective clothing and eye protection should be worn whilst handling and using it.
- Do not apply to crops or weeds in flowers or to those in which bees are actively foraging
- Keep Pyrethrum 5EC away from pets, children and persons not wearing protective clothing.
- Pyrethrum 5EC is also harmful to aquatic life and should not be used near rivers, ponds or aquariums.
100 ml concentrate
+ 3 pairs of disposable nitrile gloves
**Ireland Shipping Only**
Polyethylene Trigger Spray
graduated bottle 750ml
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
- Prevent access to bait by children and animals.
- Keep in a safe place.
- Hazardous to bees and aquatic life.
- Do not use where food, feed or water could become contaminated.
- There should be an interval of at least 7 days between 28-day treatment campaigns.
- Do not contaminate surface water or drains with chemicals or used container.
- Do not re-use container. Store in original container.
- Shelf life up to 2 years.
- To avoid risks to human health and the environment, comply with the instructions for use.