Kill Insects on Contact and After Treatment with Liquid Residual Insecticide
Why Use Protector C Insecticidal Surface & Space Spray?
Protector C is a more environmentally friendly, water-based, ready-to-use liquid residual insecticide for professional and amateur use. It is one of the best insect killer products registered in Ireland.
- Approved to use on mattresses, carpets & soft furnishings
- No smell during and after use and non-flammable
- Nanoemulsion formulation for strong effective kill.
- Contains 0.09% cypermethrin for a long-lasting residual kill effect for up to 3 months.
- Kills and deters many types of flying and crawling insects such as ants, cockroaches, beetles, bed bugs, fleas, flies, moths, silverfish, booklice and wasps.
- Fast application with ready-to-use formulation, at a rate of 20ml per square metre.
- You can use the sprayed area immediately after spraying with Protector C
- Pump spray so no ozone-depleting aerosol propellant is required.
Details & Formulations
Protector c is an advanced nanoemulsion formulation based on water and containing the active ingredient cypermethrin at 0.1%. This liquid residual insecticide is available in 1 Litre trigger spray bottles or 5 Litre flagons (for use in compression sprayers).
The advanced nanoemulsion technology creates ultra-fine droplets which penetrate all the cracks & crevices where small bug pests are harbouring. This results in an immediate kill and knockdown effect with the added benefit of the active ingredient remaining on the surface, for up to three months, to kill any insects that enter from a non-treated area.
Instructions for use
- Always read and follow all advice from the product label. Use pesticides safely.
- Space treatments: Apply 1ml of product per cubic metre as a fine mist
- Surface sprays: Apply 20ml of product per square metre, slightly wetting the surface to be protected.
- Repeat treatment when and as required.
The video below illustrates how to apply liquid residual insecticides (and Insect Powder Dust):
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Protector C on beds for bed bugs?
Yes, you can. Remove all bedding and wash on a hot wash and tumble dry on a hot setting. Spray Protector C on the mattress (both sides) and the whole room, particularly the bed frame. The mattress is safe to use when dry.
How do I use Protector C to protect clothing and bedding from moths?
Clean the storage cupboard and spray with Protector C as a surface treatment. Replace clean clothes in the cupboard.
Can I use Protector C on my soft furnishing?
Yes, you can. Protector C is specifically approved for use on soft furnishings in the home, so you can treat your carpets and lounge suites as well.
I have pets, can I spray Protector C in rooms for fleas, mites and other bugs?
Yes, you can, but not directly on pet the bedding (all fabrics should be washed). Make sure your pet is not around until the insecticide is completely dry (2 – 3 hours). Also, remember to treat furniture as well. Treat your pet with an approved veterinary-use insecticide.
Can I use Protector C Liquid Residual Insecticide around my farm?
Yes. It is recommended by the Institute of Animal Health for use on housing, vehicles and farmyards. It is also an approved insecticide by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) for use in the control of Bluetongue Vectors (see List of Approved Insecticides and Insect Repellents: https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/animalhealthwelfare/diseasecontrols/bluetonguedisease/Table1.pdf)
I am not very confident about using liquid insecticides. Can I get help?
There are many videos online that will give you advice on how to apply insecticide. You can check a short help video HERE
- Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
- Prevent access to bait by children and animals.
- Keep in a safe place.
- This liquid residual insecticide is not to be used on pet bedding, pet sleeping quarters or where pets frequently lie.
- Hazardous to bees.
- Do not use where food, feed or water could become contaminated.
- Do not contaminate surface water or drains with liquid residual insecticides or used containers.
- Do not re-use the container. Store in original container.
- Shelf life up to 2 years.
- To avoid risks to human health and the environment, comply with the instructions for use.
- Skin contact: No harmful effects are anticipated from dermal exposure. Wash with soap and water.
- Eye contact: Possible irritation. Rinse with water thoroughly. If irritation persists seek medical advice.
- Ingestion: Low toxicity. Wash out your mouth with soap and water and seek medical advice.