Straight Fly Killer Tube Replacement Blacklight UV 368
Our tubes have different types and sizes.
While we try to break it down as simply as possible, please ensure to check your current Tube to ensure the right one is selected call us for help or email us a picture of your existing tube showing the code part.
“Standard” type is a regular glass tube (better value) and the “Shatterproof” type is the same tube but covered with a Teflon clear plastic tubing to prevent the glass from falling off if the tube gets broken (mandatory in commercial kitchens and food-handling areas).
How to Replace a Straight Fly Killer Tube?
What is the meaning of the code written on the Straight Fly Killer Tubes?
Each manufacturer uses its own UV lamp codes so do not hesitate to contact us with specific queries. For general reference, remember that most of the time the lamp code has a precise meaning and will include the following:
- BL = Black Light = UV tubes
- 368 = 368nm (nanometres) = frequency of radiation most attractive to insects (twice as efficient as old fly killer tubes with a 350nm radiation)
- FL = Fluorescent Lamp.
- F15 = Fluorescent Lamp, 15 Watt.
- T5 = Tubular 5/8 inch diameter, T8 = Tubular 1 inch diameter, T12 = Tubular 1.5 inch diameter.
- SP = Shatterproof = coated with clear plastic sleeve for safety.
- For instance, the code F15T8/BL/368/18″/SP means “Fluorescent Tube 15 watt, 1-inch diameter, Blacklight, 368nm, 18 inches long, shatter-resistant”.
Other Codes Written on Tubes:
- Starters: Starter FS-2, FS22, FS2: Philips/LG/Sylvania/EFA/PCC
- 4watt 6″ x 5/8″: LS04WX-W, F4W/T5/BL/368, F4T5/BL 368, Aldi & Lidl electronic insect killer, 4 watt 6 inch standard straight UV tube
- 6watt 9″ x 5/8″: LS06WX-W, F6W/T5/BL/368, F6T5/BL368, TUB06W545, 6 watt 9 inch standard straight UV tube
- 8watt 12″ x 5/8″: TVX8-12, LS08WX-S, F8W/T5/BL/368, F8T5/BL368, TUB08W547, 8 watt 12 inch standard or shatterproof straight UV tube
- 10watt 13 1/2″ x 1″: LS10WX-W, F10W/T8/BL/368, F10T8/BL368, 10 watt 13.5 inch standard straight UV tube
- 15watt 12″ x 5/8″: TV15-12, TS14WX-W, LS14WX-W, F15W/T5/BL/368, F15T5/BL368, 15 watt 12 inch standard straight UV tube
- 15watt 18″ x 1″: F15W T8 BL368, Actinic BL TL-D, 15W/10 1SL, LS15MX-P, LS15FX-P, LS15WX-P, LS15WX-S, LS15QX-S, LS15WX-W, F15W/T8/BL/368, F15T8/BL368, TUB15W430, TVX15-18, 15 watt 18 inch standard straight UV tube
- 18″ LED Astron Tube (for LED-X, LED-Translucent, LED-Uplighter)
- 18watt 24″ x 1″: LS18WS-W, F18W/T8/BL/368/SP, F18T8/BL368SP, 18 watt 24 inch shatterproof UV tube
- 20watt 24″ x 1 1/2″: F20W T12 BL368, LS20WX-S LS20QX-S, F20W/T12/BL/368, F20T12/BL368, TUB20W452, 20 watt 24 inch shatterproof or standard straight UV tube
- 36watt 24″ x 1″: F36W/T8/24″/BL368 – 36 watt 24 inch shatterproof straight UV tube
- 40watt 24″ x 1 1/2″: F40W/2FT/T12/24″/BL368 – 40 watt 24 inch shatterproof straight UV tube
Fly Killer Tubes – Glue boards – Starters – bulbs – Repairs – Glue Pads – UV lamps
Fluorescent lamps – Blacklight – BL365 – BL368 – BL350 – Fluorescent Light Bulbs – Quantum Bulbs